Learning is enhanced by regular attendance. Good school attendance is crucial to uninterrupted learning, course work continuity, and overall school performance. “A” School staff will regularly monitor student attendance and will communicate with families. Parents/guardians are expected to support the “A” School attendance policy.
The following attendance procedures will be followed:
- Parents/guardians are expected to notify the “A” School office each morning the student is absent or will be late; please call Mollie at 763-504-8955. When it is necessary for a student to leave during the school day, send a note or call “A” School in advance.
- A student cannot have more than twelve (12) absences from any “A” School class per semester. These include both excused and unexcused absences.
- The 13th absence from any “A” School class will result in losing that credit.
- Each student must pass four out of five “A” School morning classes to remain in the program.
- “A” School staff will communicate with parents/guardians regarding attendance concerns and the need for intervention strategies. A telephone call will be made home and if problems persist a parent conference will be scheduled at school. Students may be held over the lunch hour as a result of attendance issues.
- If a student becomes ill during the school day, he/she must have parent/guardian permission to go home or a permit from the school nurse before leaving the building. Students present at the beginning of the school day will not have the missed time that day count as an absence.
- If a student plans to be absent for more than three (3) consecutive days, notify the “A” School office as soon as absence is planned.
- A student enrolled in an afternoon program such as PSEO, work experience, or main school classes must follow the attendance policy of that program.
Students are expected to be in school and in class every day!