Please go to our Parent Socials Tab (Parent Socials at Pub 42) to get information about our first parent social this school year.
We hope you can join us!
Please join us for our January APA Meeting
Thursday, January 12--7:30-9:00 a.m.--MEDIA CENTER
**Please note new meeting location**
Join us to hear a Principal's Update from DavId Dahl, hear about upcoming events and learn more about what the APA does to help the parent community stay involved with our students and school.
Coming Up - Next meeting is Thursday, February 9 - 7:30-9am.
Armstrong Parent Association (APA Meeting)
January 12, 2017
Media Center, AHS
Welcome and Introductions: Karla Buerkle
Secretary’s Report: Britt Abel
Principal’s Report: David Dahl
Treasurer’s Report: Beccy Gebur
Interschool Council Report: Mindy Potvin
APA Projects and Updates:
● Parent Voice Update: Michelle Womack, Mindy Potvin
○ School board listening session in January
● Parent volunteers:Donna Ostdiek, Leslie Gentner
○ Other upcoming volunteer needs?
● Falcon Pride Fundraiser on Feb 3: Britt Abel
○ Update on event
○ Request for food donations
Guest Speakers: Members of the AHS guidance counseling staff
● Jan 12: Course Information Night (Auditorium)
● Jan 27: One-Act Play and Improv Show (Auditorium)
● Jan 28: Sno Daze Dance (Cafeteria)
● Jan 30: Financial Aid Night
● Feb 2: Falcon Pride Fundraiser
● Feb 16&23: Parent Teacher Conferences
● Feb 16&23: College Co
Some information on parking: parents cannot park in reserved spots, but there are 14+ visitor spots available (near the tennis courts and the diagonal spots on the semi-circle); otherwise, parents need to park with the students, which may be in upper lot given that we start after the school day begins. Parents can choose to come early for better spots. All visitors do need to sign in at the lobby window and include a description (“tan Honda van”) or the license plate of the car (hint: snap a phone pic of your license plate) so that you are not issued a ticket. The back lot is also a possibility, if it is not full.