Dear Armstrong Families,
Based on our COVID positive numbers for students and staff, Armstrong High School is conducting a temporary model shift to distance learning. Distance learning will look similar to how classes ran during distance learning last year, when we had synchronous (meeting during class time via google meet) and asynchronous days (completing an assignment for each class via schoology self paced).
Wednesday 1/5 (Optional for Families that do not want to attend in person) and Friday 1/14 we will have an asynchronous days
Attendance: Advisory teachers will post a google form on their schoology updates for students to fill out for attendance. Students have until 2pm to complete the form. Teachers will then enter the attendance for the day.
- Parents/guardians should call the attendance line for the school office if they do not have reliable internet access.
- All absences will be marked in Infinite Campus as Unexcused. It is the responsibility of the student’s parent/guardian to request that absences are excused as stated in RAS Administrative Procedure 503AP.
Office Hours on 1/14 only (There will not be office hours on 1/5 as teachers will also be teaching classes in person):
- 7:20-8:20 Social Studies
- 8:20-9:20 Math
- 9:20-10:20 Science
- 10:20-11:20 English
- 11:20-12:20 Music/Art/PE/Health
- 12:20-1:20pm SPED/Tech Ed/Business
- 1:00-2:00 World Language/EL
Teachers will post a google meet code in their schoology course for office hours. Teachers will be logged in and available for students to drop in during their assigned office hour time.
Thursday 1/6-Thursday 1/13 will be Distance Learning Synchronous days
The school day- Staff will post their goggle meet codes in schoology. Attendance will be taken during the google meet, Students and staff will follow their schedules. If a teacher is unable to attend the google meet, a lesson and contact information will be posted in Schoology. Students will need to follow their schedule, and join their google meet at the scheduled time. AHS Bell Schedule
- Students will be marked as present if they join the google meet.
- If a student informs a teacher that they did not have internet access, or could not join for technical reasons, they can be marked as present if they submit the assignment.
- Students who are not attending their google meet sessions and have not contacted the school or the teacher will be marked absent.
- Students in study hall classes will need to log into their study hall schoology page and fill out the form for attendance during their study hall period. Attendance will be taken during class.
Counselors/Social Workers/School Psychologists
Will be available via email and provide google meet codes for individuals who have scheduled meetings.
- Case managers will check into students on their caseload. Via email/google meet
- SPED EA’s will meet with students in their classes as previously scheduled.
- Resource rooms will have google meet codes for students to join if help is needed. All classroom teachers will collaborate with appropriate staff to make necessary modifications for students in their classes.
We are looking forward to being back on January 18th after this short pause and hope our COVID numbers will improve as our student and staff safety is our top priority!
Erick D. Norby