Information for Seniors
Important Graduation Information
Commencement will take place on Monday, June 5th at the Minneapolis Convention Center. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 pm.
You can see information for each individual section below, along with specific links.
This page will be updated as information becomes available.
- Announcements & Class Rings
- Cap and Gown Ordering
- Cap & Gown Portraits
- Chromebook Collection for Seniors
- Prom Guidelines
- Senior Party
- Senior Photos
Seniors will have a cap & gown photo which will be part of the senior class photo, in March. There are no picture retakes for this opportunity. This is free for our seniors to take and be included in the photo, with the opportunity to purchase through the photographer. They'll be called down during the time window to take their solo photo in a cap & gown. Photos will be available for purchase at a later time. Please contact Kemmetmueller Photography directly for more information.
Senior Cap & Gown Photos options to order photos for seniors who take their picture in early spring for Cap & Gown are listed below. It will be the same process as in the fall that you should have received a link via email with ordering options. Be on the look out for this information. Contact Kemmetmueller directly if you have any questions.
Current 12th Grade Students:
Students currently in 12th grade will return their Chromebooks, chargers and cases to AHS on June 1st or 2nd.
If you need a device for a summer program offered by Robbinsdale Area Schools, you will have access to a device at the summer site location.
Please have your student return the CB, charger and case to the AHS library media center by the last day of school.
After graduation, any Chromebooks, chargers and cases from students leaving Robbinsdale Area Schools can be returned to (District Media Service or Education Service Center).
Armstrong High School Prom Guidelines
NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
1. Bring your ticket with you, in addition to an ID (school, state, or driver’s license).
2. Non-Armstrong guests MUST bring an ID with them.
3. Guests will only be permitted to enter with the senior/junior who purchased their ticket.
4. Guests will be expected to follow all Armstrong High School rules and regulations.
5. Once a student enters prom, they will not be allowed to exit. A staff member may escort you outside in special circumstances. If a student chooses to leave the venue, they will not be readmitted.
6. All Armstrong High School rules apply at prom. This includes rules concerning both behavior and chemicals.
7. Prom is a formal event; conduct and attire that fits a formal event is expected.
8. There is not a secure or locked area for valuables, so plan ahead. Do not bring backpacks or large bags, as there will not be staff to watch them. Purses/bags will be searched at the entrance (back parking lot/staff entrance).
9. Charge your phone beforehand, as we will not guard phones that are charging anywhere in the building.
10. Be sure to secure a ride home before the end of the evening. Prom is over at 11:00pm sharp! We have been communicated that everyone will need to exit the building by 11:15pm as they will need to lock the doors and get ready for an event the next morning. Do not wait until 11:00 to find a ride!
11. Absolutely no party buses!! Students will not be allowed in if they arrive on a party bus.
Parents/guardians, planning is underway by the dedicated Senior Party Planning Committee!
There are 3 easy ways to support your student's senior party experience
- Donate what you can to help make the senior party possible
- Ask a business to sponsor the senior parrty to help raise funds
- Plan to volunteer the night of the party (June 2023)
Senior Party Sponsorship
The graduating class of 2023 has had a very unique high school experience. The Senior Party Planning Committee is excited to celebrate our students and send them off with an awesome event! Please consider a donation for their Senior Party in June of 2023. Your generous tax-deductible donation will help make lasting memories for our students as well as promote your family, organization, alumni group, or business. Armstrong High School Senior Party, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization. This fun-filled night will include a variety of entertainment, games, food and drinks.
Please join us as a sponsor of our 2023 Senior Party. Our sponsorship levels are detailed on the sponsorship form linked below:
- Cash donations to be used to purchase food and entertainment
- Discounts or gift certificates to be used to support party expenses.
- Merchandise donations including beverage, food or paper products.
EIN number is 54-2196082 for tax purposes.
Donations: Our biggest need right now is to raise funds to make the event possible! Here’s how you can help.
- PayPal: You can make a cash donation to the senior party through our PayPal. Feel free to share with any family or friends that would like to donate to the senior party.
- AmazonSmile: Designate “Armstrong High School Senior Party Inc” as your current charity and then simply use this smile.amazon.com for your normal Amazon shopping and the senior party will benefit from ALL of your Amazon purchases between now and May 2023. (Remember to always use smile.amazon.com and not the normal Amazon site)
- Business Sponsorship: Do you know someone who would like to donate or become a sponsor? Send us an email at email@example.com and we would be happy to get in touch with them!
Get Connected: There are several ways for families to get updates about Senior Party Planning!
Facebook Group - this will be a primary way we communicate with parents
Volunteers - We are going to need a huge group of volunteers to make the party a success. There will be opportunities to volunteer in the months leading up to the event as well as the day of the party. Stay tuned for volunteer opportunities in January!
If you have questions or would like to reach out to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Party Planning Committee
Senior photos must be submitted by December 2nd to be included in the yearbook. If a photo is not submitted by the deadline the following will take place:
We will pull the photo from this school year. This is the photo on your school ID, which was taken on picture day this school year.
If this year's photo is not available we will use your 11th grade photo if available.
If neither is available, then we will leave your photo out of the yearbook.
Submit your senior portrait to the yearbook website. Details can be found on the AHS Yearbook website.
Yearbook baby ads:
Baby ads are printed messages from loved ones to seniors celebrating their graduation, published in the yearbook. They include a short message (225 characters/spaces or less), and a baby photo. Baby ads are $25. Ad content and payment are through online submission only.
Please direct any questions to the students of the yearbook staff: AHS_Yearbook@rdale.org